Want to become a guitar master? These 20 skills must be mastered at least!（one）
In this issue, the editor will share with you a few tips for playing the guitar, hoping to help you
1. String-pressing method:
String-pressing method is also called leaning string method or parallel playing method, which is the most commonly used basic technique on bass strings of classical guitar. The method is: touch the string vertically with the right finger, press and pull down forcefully, and after the sound is played, the finger stops on the next string. The sound played by the string pressing method is solid and powerful, with strong penetrating power. The pressing method is mostly used in the performance of the melody part and the root note of chords. It is often used in contrast to the pulling method to make the music full of layering.
2. Hooking method After the fingernail of the right hand touches the string, use the strength of the knuckles to hook it to the palm. According to the position of the right fingernail hook, it can be divided into oblique hook method, flat hook method and Segovia hook method.
(1) Flat hook method: the fingernail of the right hand touches the string vertically, and the flat hook hooks toward the palm to make the string vibrate and produce sound. This is the most widely used pull-off method. When playing, pay attention to the mark symbol of strength, if there is no mark of strength, just use moderate strength.
(2) Oblique hook method: touch the string with the part of the right fingernail close to the direction of the thumb, and hook obliquely toward the palm.
(3) Segovia’s string hooking method: use fingers and nails on a string at the same time, touch the strings with your fingers, and then hook the strings with your nails.
Arpeggio playing is a simple and gorgeous technique in guitar playing. There are three types of arpeggios: single-finger forward arpeggio, single-finger reverse arpeggio, and multi-finger arpeggio.
(1) Single-finger arpeggio: Use the nail of the right thumb or index finger to pluck from the bass strings to the treble strings in sequence, with moderate strength and a speed between strumming and decomposing chords. It is required to be able to hear each note clearly, and the sound is like flowing water as gorgeous.
(2) Single-finger reverse arpeggio: use the thumbnail of the right hand to pluck from the high-pitched string to the low-pitched string.
(3) Multi-finger arpeggio: the sixth, fifth and fourth strings are all played by the right thumb, and the third, second and first strings are respectively played by the index finger, middle finger and ring finger of the right hand, and then played one by one from the thumb , each sound should be even and coherent.
The strumming technique is the most expressive and important technique in the guitar technique. Strumming is a difficult technique to master, but there are only two basic playing methods: forward sweeping and reverse sweeping.
(1) Smooth Sweep: Sweep the fingernail of the index finger from the low string to the high string, or put the four fingers together except the thumb, and use the nail to sweep from the low string to the high string at the same time. The speed is faster and the sound must have a certain sense of strength.
(2) The thumbnail sweeps from the high-pitched strings to the low-pitched strings.
5. Right-hand cut sound:
Right-hand cut sound is also called right-hand mute. After strumming the strings with the right finger, touch or stop on the strings with the outside of the palm close to the thumb to make the sound disappear rapidly, which can enhance the rhythm and dynamics of the music.
6. Bass drum:
The drum playing method is a very distinctive skill in classical guitar. The essentials of playing: make a half-turn movement with the right hand, and use the outer side of the thumb to flatten the strings 2-3 cm away from the piano code to make the piano vibrate and make a sound. After tapping, the thumb leaves quickly to avoid hindering the vibration of the strings.
Fingering is also called flamenco strumming method, which is a difficult right-hand technique. Make a loose fist with the right hand, and use the surface of the nail of the right hand to play the strings in the order of the little finger, ring finger, middle finger, and index finger. The opening time of each finger should be equal, and the speed should be very fast. The fingering method is often used to express a tense and lively atmosphere.
8. The method of touching the sound:
the method of touching the sound is also called dialing. Straighten the right palm, use the right inner side (the direction of the little finger) to gently press the strings directly above the saddle, and play the strings with your fingers (or picks), the sound will be dull and the reverberation short. Pay attention to the part where the string is pressed on the palm side of the right hand. If it is too far to the right, there will be no effect, and if it is too far to the left, there will be no sound.
Let’s stop here today, we will discuss other techniques in the next issue, see you next time.